Sunday 19 August 2007

Exasperation

I have work at hand.
My brain is storming,
Not with ideas,
But with excuses
of not getting on with it.

A bout of ennui,
once or twice, is fine.
But what of this permanent siesta
That the mind wants to enjoy?

External factors are prodding me to continue.
But how to go about doing
What the mind does not want to,
is the question.

Astrology,
the day’s predictions,
give no indications of a problem,
or its solution.
I look in vain to find either.
What’s this that is happening,
even without the knowledgeof my stars? Or the planets???

3 comments:

Ramblings said...

hey nice poems. good job and great going .u ought 2 be a pot ya

nupur anand said...

i am sure that all of us must have had felt this at one point or the other...but you have very beautifully put those feelings into words.
very well writtten

thinking dysentry said...

hey amazin poems... so simple in words yet capturing.....

keep it high...